My client in North London is recruiting for a Licencing Officer to undertake the Council’s statutory functions in relation to premises licensed under the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, London Local Authorities Act 1991 (Special Treatments) and others, ensuring compliance with codes of practice, guidance, and legislation.
- Conduct regulatory inspections at relevant premises to ensure that licensing conditions, including the monitoring of permitted hours, and other legislative requirements are complied with.
- To undertake the investigation of complaints, assess the level of non-compliance and initiate appropriate action
- Provide specialist and expert advice and guidance to licensees, applicants and the general public.
- Prepare and progress licensing reports for council committees, panels and other meetings as required.
- Awareness of the legislative frameworks, key issues and working practices relevant to the work of local authority licensing – including Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005 and other similar statutory licensing regimes.
- Awareness of appropriate codes of practice, guidance documents, industry advice and other reliable sources of information.
- Awareness of the principles of intelligence lead enforcement.
- NQF Level 3 qualification e.g. AS and A levels, NVQs Level 3, Applied A Levels, BTEC First Certificates and Diplomas, City and Guilds Advanced Craft Part 3, or NQF Level 4 Certificates of Higher Education Or evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience.
If you have the right skills, experience, and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact our commercial team at 020 8125 4321 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org