Buckingham Futures has an excellent permanent opportunity in London for an Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer. You will visit and inspect properties where complaints of statutory nuisance have been received from tenants. Most commonly, the nuisance stems from rodent infestations but can extend to damp / mould and excess cold and prepare post-inspection expert witness reports.
- Visit properties and establish whether a statutory nuisance exists.
- Establish and evidence cause and assess whether the conditions constitute a statutory nuisance.
- Produce an expert report (training can be given in presentation but not opinion) for use by the court in actions.
- To be able to evidence the link between the nuisance and public health within the reports that are prepared.
- To attend the Magistrates Court when necessary to give evidence as an expert witness.
- A good understanding of building pathology.
- An understanding of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and its application to statutory nuisance in dwellings.
- Experience giving evidence in court in the capacity of expert witness.
- Able to undertake HHSRS assessments would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A knowledge of the duties of an expert witness.
NB. Competitive Salary DOE!
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email Vanessa@buckinghamfutures.com