What you will do in your working day
- Building (and maintaining) solid relationships with all candidates by email and over the phone and following up in a consistent and timely manner
- Quickly evaluating candidate’s functional and behavioural competencies against our vacancies (matching candidates with vacancies)
- Using internal CRM and sales/recruitment software
- Arrange interviews on behalf of the client
- Assist in generating new business and new clients
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and consistently achieve set targets
- Diary management and document preparation
- Assisting with event planning, marketing content and social media engagement
- Answering the telephones in a helpful and customer service centred way
- Advertise, CV source and manage Social Media campaigns to attract candidates to roles
The training you will be getting
- A skills-based qualification in Recruitment Consultant
- A knowledge-based qualification in Recruitment Consultant
- A behaviour-based qualification in Recruitment Consultant
- End Point Assessment
- L3 Certificate in Recruitment Practice (CertRP)
- Access to REC E-Learning Materials.
- Functional Skills English (unless exempt)
- Functional Skills maths (unless exempt)
- You will be assigned a tutor to guide you through your apprenticeship and your training will be 100% completed in the workplace
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
If the apprentice proves to be successful during their apprenticeship, the role may be expanded to a full-time position.
Buckingham Futures cares deeply about internal progression and helping staff reach their full potential.