Buckingham Futures are currently seeking an experienced, reliable, expert witness for Housing Disrepair, Environmental Protection Act, and other building disputes in the following areas for our Private Sector Client. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven experience in producing expert witness reports.
- You will ideally be a qualified Environmental Health Practitioner (EHP) in housing and/or environmental protection (noise specialism)
- Or a surveying qualification with practical experiences in dealing with expert witness reports and court cases.
- Experience managing legal disrepair cases
- Good understanding of damp and structural issues
- Managing works from specification through to post inspection
- Organised and proactive – being able to manage their own calendar and caseload
Strong knowledge of these acts would be highly advantageous:
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 – Section 11
- Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018
- Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990 – Section 79
The rates offered are as follows:
- Inspection + Expert Witness Report: £250
- No Show Fee: £71
- No Nuisance Fee: £89
- Court Day Fee (per half day): £171.50
The role can be done Outside-IR35.
- North-West England (predominately in Lancashire), United Kingdom
- This role is highly advantageous for chartered EHPs and for contractors who have previously undertaken housing disrepair work.
- Please provide “mock examples” of past reports you have completed, that can help your job application greatly.
- There may also be additional fees tacked on, however these fees presented are the standard with the client.
Do you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or would you like more information on the role?
- Please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org