Buckingham Futures have taken on a brilliant opportunity for one of the country’s leading food hygiene and health & safety consultancies in their search for a talented Environmental Health Practitioner (EHO/EHP) based in Dublin, Republic of Ireland on a permanent basis.
This is a field-based role with a lot of flexibility as you manage your own diary and will be required to visit a vast array of businesses (supermarkets, convenience stores, pubs, restaurants, hotels, etc) helping them to make safety simple for them as you support them with their different safety needs.
Professional & Technical Accountabilities
- Completing intervention risk ratings to determine food hygiene ratings for the local food premises.
- Investigate reported food outbreak and/or infectious disease complaints.
- Respond to, and where necessary investigate and report upon complaints and requests for service in relation to food safety and workplace safety, health and welfare issues.
- When necessary liaise with the relevant external agencies including the Food Standards Agency (FSA), Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Public Health England.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge and skills sufficient to effectively carry out the duties within the Food Safety Team within Regulatory Services.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports after inspections.
- BSc (Hons) or MSc (Hons) in Environmental Health
- Experience dealing with health & safety or risk/compliance solutions
- Excellent report, presentation & communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates the ability to manage one’s own time effectively
- Strong relationship building skills
- IT literate and competent in MS Office 365
Salary and Benefits
- €34,000 to €43,000 per annum, plus €5,500 Car Allowance (Depending on Experience)
- Flexible schedule – audit any time between 7am and 7pm
- Manage your own diary and book your own audits
- Structured induction & lots of ongoing support
- Opportunities to progress into other areas of the company, from Management to Consultancy to Training and beyond
- Develop your expertise with exposure to lots of different food environments
- Support these different businesses with their Food Safety, Fire Safety and Health & Safety compliance
- Software-based Auditing – easy to use, efficient and the future of risk management in the workplace
- Pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Numerous company networking events
- Email Ricky Sharpe to email@example.com
- Call us on 020 8125 4321