Buckingham Futures are working on behalf of our client based in Birmingham, an organisation that is seeking an experienced environmental health professional with experience across food safety and Health & Safety to take ownership and
responsibility for advice, support, systems, training, and content in food and H&S compliance.
Reporting to the MD, your main focus will be providing expert advice and ensuring that members receive appropriate advice, support, and training to achieve the highest standards of food hygiene, allergen management, and health and safety.
Salary £40,000 – £50,000 Per Annum
- Keep up to date on all changes to environmental health, food safety, and health and safety and licensing laws and regulations affecting the catering industry and hospitality sectors (eg PPDS – Natasha’s law).
- Advise on all changes in the law which affect training programmes, advice, articles, and promotions provided by the business.
- Help develop and implement an ongoing programme of training for key stakeholders to ensure all staff remains completely up to date and aware of developments.
- Contribute to the development of relevant material and information for the business and take responsibility for checking the accuracy and relevance of all food safety and health and safety content.
- Generate innovative ideas on how changes in law and relevant legislation can create opportunities for the organisation.
- Be a key member of the Senior Management team and Input / contribute ideas to help create technical solutions and new systems to help members manage compliance effectively.
- Sit on talks/exhibitions/workshops and occasionally sit on government panels to talk about food safety and health and safety regulation.
- Keep abreast of any legal or regulatory changes that will affect the sector. Predominantly legislation around food safety, food standards, health &safety, licensing, fire & gas safety.
- Co-ordinate with our primary authority partners to develop new assured advice, and develop ideas that will support members through primary authority disputes when or if necessary.
Knowledge and Experience
- Environmental health degree or equivalent.
- Chartered environmental health practitioner Status.
- Deep Knowledge and understanding of food law and health and safety enforcement ideally, EHRB registration or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of client care and customer service.
- Up to date and constantly at the forefront of the latest initiatives in the food safety and health and safety environment.
- Consultancy experience.
- Public and/or private sector experience.
- Experience in writing guidance for business.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8125 432.