Our client in South London is looking for a Housing Options Officer on an interim basis.
- To act as a caseworker for housing applicants providing advice guidance and assistance on the range of options available to resolve their housing problems. Interviewing applicants on the day of presentation including home visits.
- To receive and assess homeless applications carrying out investigations into homelessness within the framework of the Housing Act 1996 Part VII (Homelessness) and arrive at a decision. Providing accurate and appropriate advice preventing homelessness wherever possible. Refer cases to other sources of assistance where appropriate e.g. social care and health lettings agencies community and voluntary advice organisations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the homelessness Act 2002) and part VI of the Housing Act 1996 (allocations).
- The successful applicant for this post will have experience of casework identifying people’s needs working with them to solve problems and ideally experience of providing support to assist people to maintain their tenancies.
- You will need to have a good knowledge of housing-related benefits have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong record of detailed working with a range of organisations to achieve positive outcomes for your client. You will need to have your own transport because you will be regularly travelling around the borough as part of your resettlement role.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com