Our client in East London is recruiting Environmental Health Officers/Private Sector Housing Officers to investigate complaints and undertake the inspection of private sector dwellings and take action to ensure the health and safety of the occupants and that their homes are well managed.
Professional & Technical Accountabilities
· Investigate complaints of poor housing conditions and undertake inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
· To undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensing function management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
· Prepare letters, notices, and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcement action to secure necessary improvements.
· To provide property owners members of the public and businesses with general advice about the statutory requirements and guidance with regard to housing standards and management.
· To identify empty homes and bring them back into use by dealing with complex complaints and inquiries concerning empty properties and where necessary, undertake detailed inspections and take appropriate enforcement actions.
· Degree in Environmental Health Housing or a Building-related subject.
· Qualified HHSRS practitioner
· At least 2 years post qualification experience of working within a local government Environmental Health Team or similar.
· Experience in undertaking property inspections and investigation of complaints of housing conditions and taking subsequent enforcement action.
· Sound knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework guidance and good practice in relation to the Housing Acts Housing Health and Safety Rating System HMO legislation and associated enforcement legislation.
To register your interest, please either call us at 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com